As the days get shorter, road conditions get tougher. Ensuring your vehicle remains roadworthy, whether for your daily commute or a big post-lockdown getaway, is essential. To help you deal with the weather, we have created a handy winter driving tick list that will guide you through some key questions and considerations as you prepare for colder weather.
Tick The Right Boxes This Winter With Our Winter Driving Tick List
Some of the questions we cover in the winter driving tick list include:
- When was the battery last changed?
- Should I consider fitting winter tyres?
- Is there a scraper and de-icer in the car?
- Is there a charger in my car to top-up my phone?
- Is my satellite navigation system working properly?
- Is my insurance, MOT and tax up to date?
- How much tread is on the tyres (including the spare)?
- Have I washed and waxed the car to protect it from salt, dirt and grime?
- Do the wiper blades leave both screens clear and streak-free?
- Do I have a snow shovel in the boot in case of thick snow?
- Do I have a pair of sunglasses (winter sun can dazzle you)?
- Do I have a first aid kit, boots, jump leads, blanket and warning triangle in the boot in case of an emergency?
- Are my oil, brake, power steering and radiator fluids all topped up to the appropriate levels?
- Are the brakes in good working condition?
- Are all of the tyres at the correct pressure?
- Are all the car’s lights working, including indicators, full-beams and reversing lights?
You can download and print off a copy of our winter driving tick list here. Please pass it on to friends, family and colleagues and stay safe in winter!
Car Clinic Ellesmere Port Garage
Call Car Clinic MOT Centre Ellesmere Port Garage now for a free no-obligation car repairs Ellesmere Port, Ellesmere Port tyres, MOT Ellesmere Port or Ellesmere Port car servicing quote and to book a winter Ellesmere Port car servicing appointment for your vehicle.