Making sure that your vehicle’s lights work correctly is critical for your safety and also that of other road users. Your lights allow you to see in darkness, and they help others see you. A broken bulb will result in an MOT failure, so be sure to check your lights before you take your vehicle for its annual test.
Replacing car bulbs can be fiddly, particularly on some vehicle models that have a bulb housing located close to other components. At Car Clinic MOT Centre Ellesmere Port, our experienced fitters can supply and fit replacement bulbs for your vehicle, to save you the time and trouble.
Checking Car Light Bulbs
- Headlights should be cleaned to make sure they provide the optimum light output. Dirt on the headlamp unit causes refraction of light, which leads to glare for other road users. In winter conditions, you should clean snow and ice off your lights before you start your journey so other drivers can see you.
- Ask a friend to help you check brake lights and indicators by observing them while you apply the brakes and activate the indicators.
- It’s not always obvious when a car bulb has blown. If visibility seems poor or road users are flashing their lights at you, then check your bulbs are operating correctly at the earliest opportunity.
- If you can hear one an indicator blinking faster than usual, there is either an electrical fault or one of the indicator bulbs has blown. You should rectify this as soon as possible, so other road users can see you intend to turn.
- Try to replace bulbs in pairs. Replacing a pair of lights gives more consistent light output.
If you are in any doubt, or if you know you have a faulty bulb, pop into Car Clinic MOT Centre Ellesmere Port where our trained staff can supply, fit and align new bulbs for you. Don’t take a chance with bulbs, check them today.
All of the replacement bulbs we use at The Car Clinic MOT Centre Ellesmere Port match the original specification and are fitted by our fully qualified technicians. For a free Ellesmere Port car repairs quote or replacement bulbs quote just give us a call or pop in.
MOT (Class 4, 5 & 7)
We can MOT cars, vans, motorhomes & horse boxes etc.
Call in for a free check on your tyres to ensure they are above the legal limit.
We can supply new batteries to keep you on the road. Batteries often fail in the colder months.
Services / Repairs
We can service all vehicles to manufacturers standards, using genuine parts.